Monday 7 August 2017

Comfrey

Comfrey
Many people are familiar with the benefits of comfrey tea as a liquid fertilizer for your garden.  Last month you could see its purplish blooms in our kitchen garden.

Native to Europe and Asia, comfrey is considered a master healer plant that can be used from everything from drawing splinters to easing backache.

I have just discovered that comfrey is also good for travel - it was believed the comfrey leaves in the shoe would ensure safety while travelling, and the leaves placed in a suitcase would prevent its loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Walk on the Commons with Judith

Lady Fern beside Sword Fern Goldenrod Cascara Twinflower (Linnaea borealis) The Pond Grand Fir Evergreen Blackberry  Queen Anne’s Lace  At t...

About Me

My photo
A spiritual wanderlust, linguist, yogini, foodie and gardener, my travels have taken me across South and Central America. Through my love of languages I ended up being a multilingual translator for many years. Now you will find me creating a new garden on beautiful Gabriola, BC.