Thursday 27 July 2017

Visit to Dan Jason's Farm

The Farm Team recently went on a field trip to Salt Spring Island, where we visited Dan Jason's beautiful and inspiring farm.  Dan has been a mentor to us, and our main source of seeds on the Commons.  We visited the different fields he has planted, the pond, his seed barn, and little seed shop.  He also very generously gave us a number of drying screens for us to use in our own seed collection and drying.  We were particularly impressed by the large number of crops he has planted, and have offered to come back to do a workbee with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Walk on the Commons with Judith

Lady Fern beside Sword Fern Goldenrod Cascara Twinflower (Linnaea borealis) The Pond Grand Fir Evergreen Blackberry  Queen Anne’s Lace  At t...

About Me

My photo
A spiritual wanderlust, linguist, yogini, foodie and gardener, my travels have taken me across South and Central America. Through my love of languages I ended up being a multilingual translator for many years. Now you will find me creating a new garden on beautiful Gabriola, BC.