Here is July's recipe made with zucchini and fresh herbs.
3 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt (or less)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions
handful of herbs (I used 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary and chives - use your favourites or experiment with basil, dill, tarragon, oregano, summer savory...)
2 large eggs
4 tbsp. melted unsalted butter or vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. and grease 2 loaf pans (or one 9" x 5", or round cake pan).
2. Sieve dry ingredients.
3. Whisk together eggs, buttermilk and butter.
4. Add zucchini, cheese and herbs to flour mixture and toss to coat with flour.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring just until moistened. Do not overmix. Mixture will not be smooth.
6. Bake 55-60 minutes. Let cool 5-10 minutes in pan before unmolding.
7. Garnish loaf with herbs before serving.